Complete Rules for 2013 Harley Davidson “Road King” Raffle
The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Marvin Lewis Community Fund (MLCF/Fund) programs. Tickets will be sold at various locations, on-line and other MLCF, or Eventz for Charity, Inc. (EFC) events. Tickets are $10 each when purchased in person, and discounts will be offered in various packages online.
1. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Marvin Lewis Community Fund (MLCF), Events For Charity (EFC) and Harley Davidson (HD) are not eligible to win.
2. The raffle is open to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over and licensed drivers.
3. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase.
4. Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual.
5. Tickets are non-refundable.
6. Physical ticket sales will cease at midnight on January 29, 2014.
7. Online ticket sales will cease at midnight on January 30, 2014.
8. The winner will be selected at a random drawing on January 31, 2014. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone according to the contact information provided to the Marvin Lewis Community Fund at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 48 hours, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and /or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 48 hours of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the vehicle and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. The right to take possession of the vehicle through the winning entry is neither assignable nor transferable.
9. If the winner elects to take the motorcycle as the prize, that winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges (including, but not limited to, tags and license), local, state , federal taxes, and shipping and handling when the motorcycle is transferred to the winner. Winnings are subject to regular gambling withholding as stipulated by the IRS and must be paid by the winner. The winner must provide the MLCF, or EFC, with a W9 before he or she takes receipt of the vehicle. The winner will be issued 1099 in February 2014. The MLCF, and EFC, assume no responsibility for the winner’s tax obligations and suggest you consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. The vehicle will not be delivered until after all of the applied taxes, license and any applicable registration fees are paid by the winner.
The winner must have proper identification when claiming the vehicle (a valid state driver’s license) and appropriate insurance. If the winner elects not to accept the vehicle, no substitution or exchange for cash or other goods will be provided.
10. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the MLCF and EFC, their respective subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Except where prohibited, participation in the raffle constitutes winner’s consent to the MLCF and EFC, their sponsors and their agents use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. The MLCF, or EFC, reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the MLCF, or EFC’s, reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by the MLCF, or EFC, in their sole discretion. The MLCF, or EFC, reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the MLCF, or EFC, reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The MLCF, or EFC’s, failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, the Fund, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket numbers up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated
number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed the Fund reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate,
un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Ohio State Court located in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and MLCF, or EFC, in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Oho; and (4)by registering, raffle purchaser consents to having their personal information collected by MLCF, and EFC, such as name, address, telephone number and email address. Further, raffle purchaser consents to MLCF, or EFC, occasionally contacting them via email with information regarding this raffle; and they consent to MLCF, or EFC, making their personal contact information (email, phone and address as appropriate) available to Harley-Davidson.